QUESTIONS & ANSWERS :
– Playing catch up from Live module last year (not achieving what I wanted)
– My fear of failure / tendency to overthink all things
– Getting myself towards being a DIRECTOR and not a FILMMAKER (which I am currently)
– Work experience and talking to people
– Getting people on the course, in college and beyond to take me seriously as a director
ACTION TO BE DONE
– “Make crap films… but not TOO crap”
i.e. Go about making some films that aren’t necessarily about a particular message, but make sure I work as director with others and focus on that as the main aim rather than what the actual film looks like.
– Delegate some tasks
Get some people to do some stuff for me; learn to delegate and use the strengths of others, and get confident in doing so
– Make a business card
Even if its just out of paper, and kept in my purse, but it must say that I’m a director, and I have to tell people thats what I am, and get used to it.
– Get some work experience and/or meet some directors
I need need need / must must must get out there and meet some people so I can gain some confidence, inspiration and knowledge about how to go about becoming a director, because at the moment my knowledge on how to do so is not great!
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT –
Graham made a really good point in relation to what Im actually looking at for my dissertation, which was that female filmmakers and women in the industry are likely going to want to help other women get a leg up, and therefore this could be a really good way for me to find some support in the industry.
He also said ; the key line from the tutorial which i may have to write on my wall or on my face or something:
“If you want this, then you’re going to have to really drive it!”
i.e. GET TO WORK AND WORK HARD.