– My initial idea for my practical piece is a double exposure video which contrasts the various ways in which women are showcased on screen in films.
– I want to create a visual spectacle first and foremost, as this tends to be the main issue which is understood to be faced by women in the industry
– This should then be contrasted through other micro-elements of what takes place in the video, possibly through the second exposure, possibly through soundbites and audio, but I want the overall message to remain very subtle, and to require some reading into the film.
– The following link shows a double exposure film shot on a Lomokino (modern camera utilising 35mm film to create video) http://vimeo.com/33129556
– Another option would be to have one layer shot on a Lomokino, and the other using digital technology to illustrate a contrast in old and new ideas